Introducing the Revenue Ecosystem™ Framework
Introducing the Revenue Ecosystem™:
A framework for digital transformation
More than any other business function, marketing has undergone an incredible transformation over the past decade, and the pace of change is accelerating.
In 2011, there were around 150 marketing technologies on the market. Today, there are more than 5,300 to choose from. Those technologies are redefining marketing’s potential to accelerate revenue, but keeping pace and making the right choices is a challenge. How can marketers step up and effect a digital transformation that generates valuable business insights, exceptional customer experiences, and measurable revenue?
As a consultancy that has spent the better part of the last decade pioneering technology-enabled, revenue-focused marketing strategies for our clients—Fortune 500s and mid-sized companies alike—DemandLab has spent years exploring these questions and refining the answers.
The result is the Revenue Ecosystem™ Framework, a supportive structure that guides decision-making and aligns people, processes, technology, data, and experiences to drive insight, agility, and collaboration across the organization.
The framework supports revenue growth through digital transformation guided by a data model to create a growth engine that delivers a 360˚ view of the customer and an exceptional customer journey:
- Revenue growth: the driving force that shapes a system that accelerates revenue and demonstrates marketing’s impact on revenue through the scalable, automated delivery of exceptional customer experiences.
- Digital transformation: a new way of looking at marketing’s role in the organization that casts the CMO as the change agent who re-aligns the organization around its most valuable asset—its customers.
- Data model: the structures and rules that dictate the types of data collected and the ways in which that data is shared to generate actionable insight and deliver a better customer experience.
- Growth engine: the digital system (including people, processes, and technologies) that maximize revenue by supporting the customer journey, enhancing the customer experience, and ensuring customer success.
- 360˚ view of the customer: a holistic system of record that captures the data from every touchpoint along the customer journey and retains it in a way that can be shared organization-wide.
- Customer journey: a consistent, personalized, timely, relevant, and seamless experience that welcomes, recognizes, and understands the customer at every point and elevates your organization above the competition.
In the coming months, we’ll explore each facet of this framework in greater detail, providing step-by-step guidance to help our readers navigate their own digital transformation. If you’re ready to lead change and accelerate revenue in your organization, stay tuned!